Paul Holley is a choral conductor and music educator. His personal warmth and passion for choral music have inspired many singers to discover and develop their skills as choral musicians. With over 25 years of teaching experience in schools and many years of working with instrumentalists and singers Paul knows how to connect with people of all ages and enjoys collaborating with them in the music making process.
Presently, Paul is the Artistic Director of Voices of Birralee a community youth and children’s choir organisation based in Brisbane. He conducts two of the signature choirs the Birralee Blokes and Resonance of Birralee. Both of these ensembles have toured nationally and internationally, won several competitions, made numerous recordings and supported community events. He is also the co-conductor of the national youth choir Gondwana Chorale. In addition to these roles, Paul is a workshop presenter, choral clinician, guest conductor and mentor to younger conductors. He was awarded a Medal of the Order of Australia in January 2016 for his services and passion for choral music.
- Highlights of your journey as a conductor. (8:51)
- Best advice when things aren’t so “rosy”. (14:28)
- Most influential people in your life. (19:23)
- A moment of gratitude. (24:53)
Where to find me:
- Crescendo Community Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/crescendocommunity
- Official Crescendo Page: https://www.facebook.com/CrescendoMusicEd/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CrescendoMusicEd
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/crescendomusic
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/debbie-o-shea-62a3741b/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/CrescendoDebbie/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com.au/crescendodebbie/